Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TV censorship?

Does anyone have any good websites besides wikipedia that can give me the history of censorship on TV. For example how did it all start, did someone complain to the government because they saw something bad on TV. What they can and cannot allow on TV. I don't know if this is true but during a George Carlin comedy byte he disscussed how a preacher turned on the radio and was offended by the profanity he heard on the radio and filed a complaint. Is censorship a violation of the first amendment or is there exceptions?

TV censorship?
http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/C/html...


http://www.mediaknowall.com/violence/cen...


these links might help to find out how it all started but I think in general it is a violation of my freedom of speech. As long as what I say does not but another person's life in jeopardy then I feel I should say as I feel
Reply:The legal theory behind broadcast television is that the stations are licensed to operate for free on public-owned airwaves, and in exchange they have to abide by FCC regulations concerning "indecency".





Cable television operators do not use the public airwaves, and so their censorship is self-imposed, partly to deter government efforts to censor them (which would be difficult anyway, as they aren't beholden to the government as are the broadcast operators).

dental assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment