Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Broken remote control for TV, any suggestions?

I have a 4-5 year old 19inch Emerson TV. Just this past year the channel buttons, both on the remote and on the TV itself do something weird. The channel buttons don't work at all for normal TV operation (scrolling through channels) but on the menu/settings screen, they both work normally (scrolling up and down the menu). I am a bit unsure on why this is. As far as I know nobody damage any part of the remote or the TV itself. All the other TV functions and buttons work fine, just the channel ones are "broke". I am thinking maybe some microcontroller went spastic or something? Any TV guru's out there?? Thanks a lot!!!

Broken remote control for TV, any suggestions?
Not an uncommon problem. I have an Orion VCR that does the same thing. My one TV is a much older Radio Shack monitor that doesn't have enough cable channels in it's tuner, so I leave it on ch 3 and tune with the VCR. BUT... the VCR "forgets" some, many, and in rare cases, all the up/down channels. You can use the number keys to get them though. The solution is: UNPLUG it and let it set a bit. Then plug it back in and it will re-load all the available channels that it finds coming in from your cable or what ever. Hope that helps.
Reply:look on ebay


No comments:

Post a Comment