Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tv license question?

i desperately need advice as i received a summon to court today. november last year the checked my house and found my tv with aerial. later i received a letter asking to pay for tv licence. i responded saying that i use my tv for viewing dvds only (it was true, i threw away my aerial right after their visit, but didn't watch tv before that either). i based that on saying in their website that you do not need tv license if you use your tv for these purposes. no response. today got a summon to court. and i will not be able to attend as will be out of country at that time.


my questions would be:


how serious it is?


what are my chances to prove i'm not guilty?


how much can i expect to pay (they say it's up to £1000, can it be less?)


what should i do now?...





any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Tv license question?
repeated answer-you are guilty.
Reply:First of all, a summons to the court can not be ignored, contact them immediately and reschedual your appearance.





You will be found guilty if you don't show up





you can only say not guilty and explain your reasoning.





I don't know how serious because I live in Canada and we don't have TV licenses





They will not fine you much the first time , maximum fine goes to chronic abuses





Good Luck


No comments:

Post a Comment