Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tv tuner card faqs!?

hi guys!


i am new and need a little help here.


i want to buy a tv tuner card for my system which is 2.66 ghz on gigabyte(8I865GVMK-775 F5c HI) motherboard with MCE 2005 as the OS.


i have a cable tv connection in my house and i am in india so i suppose the signalling is PAL.


1) Is the cable tv connection analog or digital?


2)in order to see channels through my cable tv wire in my pc and record them what INTERFACE TYPE OR whatever(i dont know i am new) i need to check it must have?


3) what minimum resolution is considered good that my card should support for nice image quality?


4) do i need to check if is it compatilble with MCE 2005 OS. or every card today is supportive?


5) could u suggest me some brands according to my requisites:


a)internal one


b)support for MCE 2005


c)support for both analog and digital signal(if cable tv is analog)


d) let me record cable tv programs.


e)pci slotter as system doesnt have agp or pci-ex. slot.





looking forward for response.


punet

Tv tuner card faqs!?
Check out


http://hauppage.com/





they have the tuner cards you need and should have the information as well...





Have fun...





Yes to all the questiions except the media center one , it is a little finiky with the tuner cards...
Reply:I am using this and it works fine.


http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...


No comments:

Post a Comment