Thursday, November 19, 2009

Broken TV, Magnavox 50 inch. High pitched chirping sound. TV screen wont turn on at all when power in turn on.

Hello this question goes out to all the TV technicians out there. My name is Ricky and stupidly of me and in order to show off to my girlfriend, I told her that I could fix her TV. She has a Magnavox 50 inch TV. From what she tells me at first the bottom of the screen was looking bad, from left to right I believe. And now the TV doesn’t turn on. When you push the power button all you get is like a chirping sound. The chirping sound is on and off. It makes the chirping sound like every three seconds. The chirping sound last like one second. The TV doesn’t turn on at all though. I believe it is the power supply. I have found the device that is making the sound. Should I try replacing it? Please help TV technicians. I am a fool in need of help.


P.S I do know a little about electronics. I know of capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors, microprocessors, power supplies, inductors, etc. I have taken some electronic courses while in high school and at my local community college.

Broken TV, Magnavox 50 inch. High pitched chirping sound. TV screen wont turn on at all when power in turn on.
Somehow I can't help but think that you have a shorted Horizontal Output Transistor (H.O.T.). It's easily replaceable if you can identify which transistor is the H.O.T. (BTW, it's usually installed with a heatsink if you care to look). If you decide to replace it yourself then DO NOT USE A GENERIC REPLACEMENT!!!!!! Using some cheap knockoff is likely to not do the job and you'll just be wasting money. Insist on using only the genuine Magnavox part number.


No comments:

Post a Comment