Thursday, November 19, 2009

Connecting lcd tv, dvd player and a 5.1 Videologic surround system?

I would like to connect the surround 5.1 system to my dvd player and tv so that the sound from tv, whether watching normal digital freeview or dvd/cd playbacks, comes out of the surround speakers system. I have connected the dvd player to my tv receiver via a scart works perfectly fine with sound through the tv speakers. Subwoofer has a digital coaxial (referred to as "digital dvd") which I can connect to the dvd's digital coaxial. What I find confusing, subwoofer also has RCA phono (white-L/red-R) sockets which it refers to as input analog. Have read in references that the lead (white and red) should be connected from the subwoofer to the tv's (white and red) "AUDIO OUT". My tv only has RCA phono sockets (L and R) but "AUDIO IN". Will it make any difference if I connected the RCA phono lead from subwoofer to tv using the "AUDIO IN"?


Assuming this is the right way to connect, will this automatically mute the volume on my tv or do I have to just turn it down manually?

Connecting lcd tv, dvd player and a 5.1 Videologic surround system?
If you do not have Audio-Out or Digital-out on your TV, you can not connect your TV to the Surround system. Unless you use cable or satellite - then you can connect the box to the surround system.





But it is wierd that a modern LCD TV would not have audio output of some kind - analog or digital. What is an exact model of your TV?





DVD connection is straight forward - digital out to digital in.

dental equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment