Monday, November 16, 2009

Cloned TV Doesn't Display Videos which are played on Main Monitor?

My current setup is that I have my laptop with a radeon 9600 mobile with an s-video cord hooked up to my tv. I have my TV set as "cloned" mode so that is just displays whatever is on my laptop's monitor.





If I am watching videos off of youtube or mlb.tv, they display perfectly fine, however, if I'm watching .avi files through VLC, the movie just appears black on my TV, while it plays perfectly fine on my laptop.





What would cause this anomaly?

Cloned TV Doesn't Display Videos which are played on Main Monitor?
you might have a problem in your video card





or -device mangment problem
Reply:This is usually a frame rate issue. most television will not support the same frame rates as pc monitors...check the frame rate of the file should be NO greater than 30 fps for standard def...no greater than 60 fps for HDTV. NOTE: Some television only support specific frame rates (usually 24, 30, 60) check the product manual for the television and see what it supports. Also some times this is related to the graphics card being over worked...try it again making the television the primary monitor or try it with "extended desktop" in this case you would just drag VLC off of you monitor and onto the TV as if they were one larger screen this way the card only has to render the video once. good lucj and if this doesn't work email me i might be able to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment