Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Tv has power,but it won't start up can anyone help?

My Tv broke down this morning,there is power,but when i switch on the


tv the tv comes on for about a second and goes off before the picture


can appear.The standby light keeps on flashing when i try to switch on the tv.If anyone can help that would be great

My Tv has power,but it won't start up can anyone help?
Make - model etc please





Added: Either the tube has gone or you have a dry solder joint somewhere in or around the power supply. I suspect that the tube has gone though - Sanyo's are not very well renowned for this but, I had the same prob with my Sanyo TV and it was the tube - not worth repairing to be honest - the cost of replacing the tube is outweighed by the cost of a new LCD TV





I'll be honest - I do not like Sanyo products - I have had three Sanyo TV's (replaced under warranty) and Sanyo DVD and Video - All have died and been a complete waste of money - they never seem to get them right and fall a long way behind the other company's
Reply:It sounds like the tube has gone inside the t.v. Yes mine still had power! when mine went at first i got a flash of a picture then i got nothing, but the standby button light up so it still had power.








Take t to the shop and get it looked at then you will know if its worth fixing or getting a new one. How old is it? are you still under warranty?

tooth and nail

No comments:

Post a Comment