Monday, November 16, 2009

Do i have this connected Right??? A PS3, TV and Reciever... No sound?

I have a samsung 50 inch 1080p TV... I also have a samsung reciever (one optical in) and a PS3... I hooked the ps3 to the TV via HDMI and can hear the sound on the TV only... it doesn't send any sound to my reciever via the Optical out from my TV... Do i have this set up right? Is there a setting i am missing???





Again, the sound comes out of the TV speakers, but not from the TV to my optical out to the Reciever... Optical out works fine when i am watching normal tv or HDTV...





I would like to keep it so i can get Dolby D sound out of both the TV and the PS3





Also, my reciever has an HDMI in and out... can i send the HDMI from my ps3 to the reciever to the TV and still get 1080p?? The reciever (which is also a DVD player) only upconverts to 1080i.. Does that matter or will it still send out 1080p to the TV??..





HELP!!!!!!!!! I am so lost....

Do i have this connected Right??? A PS3, TV and Reciever... No sound?
Your best solution is to simply plug the PS3 to your receiver using an HDMI cable, and then your receiver to the TV. HDMI carries both high definition audio and video and is the preferred method for connecting Audio/Video equipment, including the PS3. You will still get 1080P as long as your receiver has 1080p pass through. Without knowing the model of the receiver, I cannot look up that information for you. Some older receivers will only pass on 1080i or 720p.
Reply:On the PS3, you need to make sure that you enable the optical audio out option. Go to settings --%26gt; sound settings.





Connect the optical cable from the PS3 to the Receiver...and leave the HDMI as is.


No comments:

Post a Comment