Thursday, November 19, 2009

TV-Oout problem, trying getting VGA to RCA adapter to work, Intel GMA Mobile thinks my TV is a monitor?

I just bought a new cheapo VGA to RCA/S-video adapter from Ebay hearing that they work fine. I have a Dell B120 laptop with "Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family" graphics accelerator driver version 6.14.10.4410 using XP Home. The laptop only has a vga out, but from what I understand the Intel GMA has native TV-Out support.





So I plug the adapter into the vga port, and connect it to the RCA Video on my Sylvania TV. I go to Display Properties%26gt;Settings%26gt;Advanced%26gt;I... GMA Tab%26gt;Graphics properties. I can activate 'clone screen' from there. When I do I get a rolling staticy image on the screen. I can tell it's trying to display the image, because when I change the screen on the laptop, there is a noticable difference in the rolling static on my TV.





I noticed that when I go to the 'Graphics Properties', it says the second screen is a monitor, not TV(640x480@8bit@60hz -the ONLY option). Is that my problem? If so, how do I make it realize its a TV? Any other suggestions?

TV-Oout problem, trying getting VGA to RCA adapter to work, Intel GMA Mobile thinks my TV is a monitor?
Try going into the properties for the 'monitor' and check the screen refresh rate. a rolling screen means that the rate is out of sync. Don't go up too high as this could damage your equipment.


The Chipset may have native TV out support but without the connector from the board it won't be available.
Reply:reboot


No comments:

Post a Comment