Saturday, November 14, 2009

I have a question about the TV Converter boxs and TV going to high Def?

I live in an apartment. We get free cable. All we have is the cable cord hooking up to the back of our TV's. We don't have the cable box from the cable company, just the cables. I'm not sure how old our TV's are (one of our tv's was brand new back in 1986, the other two are less than 10 years old, I know that much.) Will I still need to buy the TV converter box thingy before Feb 2009 when all TV signals must be broadcast in High Def, or are we fine? I already have two free converter box coupons (www.dtv2009.gov-see that website if you don't know what I'm talking about) But I have three TV's. Should I invest the $50 odd bucks in the third one and use the coupons to get the two free ones? Will my TV go black? Will I be fine? Help! Thanks

I have a question about the TV Converter boxs and TV going to high Def?
The converter boxes are for Over The Air signals only. If you get actual cable from your apartment building, then you should be fine. Cable systems should still support older analog TVs until about 2012.





If you have the coupons already, you need to use them before they expire. They are only good for about 90 days. Remember, you will only need the converter box if you are receiving TV from an antenna.
Reply:Don't waste the $50 on another converter yet, wait until the two are operational and you're satisfied. You may want to save the 50, add some to it and buy an HD tv ( you will get a lot more channels than you will on your converted old tvs) HD TV pricing will be taking another tumble in 12 months, so I'de wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment