Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cable TV digital box .......?

I have, and pay for cable tv, I have one digital cable box and 2 tv's. I do not want to pay to rent another one, anyway, a friend of mine got her cable terminated for nonpayment and is moving far away, she gave me her cable boxes which are identical to the one i already have, i hooked it up on my other tv and it only works on the regualr channels, not the digital channels. Can this be because cable company disabled her boxes? and can cable company detect that I have her box hooked up to my tv?

Cable TV digital box .......?
Yes it is because the cable company disabled her box and yes they can detect the box but it will take time for them to find exactly where it is. If all you are getting with it are the basic channels then you shouldn't need the box at all. Give it back to the cable company, they probably own it.
Reply:i have one digital box and two tvs as well. your best bet is to not use that other box. the cable installer who hooked up your cable should have hooked up a splitter, so that you can use your box with the other tv. the downside to that is that you watch different channels at the same time. hope this helps you.


No comments:

Post a Comment