Saturday, November 14, 2009

TV problem- sound works, picture doesn't?

Our TV is a Sony Trinitron 30 inch, purchased in 2001. It's a standard CRT tv, no flat screen or anything like that.





When I turn it on, the sound works but there is no picture. Red light at the bottom that says "standby" blinks continually. Usually, there is an audible "click" about 5 seconds after I turn on the TV, and the picture comes on. Now, there is no click.





This happened once before, after a storm, but the TV was brand new and still under warranty. Repair guy said it was some kind of relay, and it wasn't a difficult fix.





My main question is- what kind of price am I looking at, if I take it to a repair shop? And is it something I could do myself, if I had the part? Any idea what part I should be looking for?

TV problem- sound works, picture doesn't?
ya find the part and do it yourself.thats the best option.
Reply:Alright, im not a pro at this but i think uyou got your wires backwards...if not, then i seriously dont know...=/

tooth fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment